Charnwood are UK manufacturers of the finest multi-fuel and wood burning stoves.
Charnwood stoves are ultra efficient and incorporate the latest and best clean-burn technologies, so there stoves not only look great but will heat your home in a very efficient manner. The ability of Charnwood multi-fuel stoves to burn both wood and solid fuels gives you flexibility when your first choice of fuel is not available.
The wood burning and multi-fuel stoves we display from Charnwood fall into four product ranges:
The Charnwood Island range sets the definitive standard for clean-burning multi-fuel stoves. When this flagship collection was launched it revolutionised multi-fuel home heating creating the benchmark in clean-burn, wood-burning, multi-fuel, single controlled stoves. The result is highly sophisticated simplicity:
- Clean lines and perfectly proportioned.
- one simple air control - the Quattroflow® push in to burn slower, pull out to burn harder
- A ‘cool to touch handle’ for safe and easy reloading.
- The ultimate Multi-fuel grate for burning your chosen fuel at optimum efficiency
- Cleanburn "airwash" system using preheated air for combustion purposes which ensures clean glass and reduced emissions.
- Available for room heat only (3 sizes), or as a thermostatic boiler model capable of heating up to 10 radiators (Island IIIb)
- Choice of 8 Charnwood Colours
The COVE is Charnwoods NEW range of wood burning/multi-fuel stoves with a contemporary edge. The Cove has all the features of the flagship ISLAND range listed above, but is built with a single door with a choice of base options making it more suited to freestanding situations. With 3 sizes available the Cove provides room heat only, with outputs of 4kW, 8kW and 12kW (Cove I, II & III)
The well established Country range provides effective, reliable performance in thousands of homes throughout the world. It has the ability to incorporate a boiler for hot water or for full central heating systems, as well as room heat only versions.
- Cleanburn "airwash" system using preheated air for combustion purposes - ensures clean glass and reduced emissions.
- Optional multi-fuel riddling grate for burning mixed fuel and for easy ash removal.
- Available for room heat only with outputs from 4kW to 12kW
- Or with optional boilers to heat domestic hot water or full central heating (Country 16b capable of heating up to 10 radiators)
- Optional slide on decorative Canopy available for most models.
- Choice of 8 Charnwood Colours
The stylish Charnwood SLX range is the latest development in multi-fuel inset and freestanding stoves, combining all the best features for which Charnwood have become renowned.
- Available as either an inset or freestanding version (i or fs)
- Available for room heat only with built in thermostat (SLX 20i or 20fs)
- Option of a small add in boiler to heat domestic hot water
- Option of a thermostatically controlled integral boiler sufficient to heat 8-9 radiators (SLX 45i or 45fs)
- The ultimate Multi-fuel grate which can switch from coal burning mode to wood or peat burning with one simple movement, for optimum efficiency
- Cleanburn "airwash" system using preheated air for combustion purposes which not only helps to reduce emissions to atmosphere, but also keeps the glass clear, allowing you to enjoy the view of the fire whatever fuel is used.
- Charnwood SLX models are finished in a choice of a gloss black vitreous enamel or variety of paint finishes.
Quattro Flow Air System
The Charnwood COVE & ISLAND features the revolutionary Quattroflow air management system. This single control introduces the right amount of air into just the right places for ultra efficient burning and optimum control: pull out to increase the burning rate - push in to slow it down.
1. PRIMARY air vent: the main control for faster/slower burning
2. SECONDARY air vent for clean glass and double combustion
3. TERTIARY air vent for optimum combustion efficiency
4. BY-PASS air vent reduces condensation when burning overnight