ESSE have been making traditional cast iron range cookers since 1854, longer than any other manufacturer. Now as then they represent the very best cooker design and capability, allowing ESSE to offer a complete range of efficient cookers available in four fuel types, carbon neutral wood fired, electric, gas either flue less or conventionally flued, and oil either pressure jet or pot burner. ESSE range cookers are hand made in Barnoldswick and can power your central heating system and provide domestic hot water thanks to optional boiler models. All models cook food beautifully and ESSE is the cooker of choice at the famous River Cottage.
The unique ESSE Woodfired cooker is a true woodburner and delivers unrivalled efficiency and carbon neutral cooking and heating. A wood burning range cooker is an environmentally friendly idea, but for it to integrate into any modern home it must be clean, low maintenance and easy to live with. This was the engineering design brief ESSE started off with, their Woodfired cooker was the result.
- extraordinary firebox can take logs up to 45cm long, enabling a single load to last over 12 hours, keeping refuelling to a minimum
- occasional ash removal – with good quality wood this should be just once a month thanks to its unique and efficient Afterburn2™ technology – fuel combustion is so effective that virtually all the fuel is “incinerated” cleanly, producing maximum heat and minimal ash
- available for cooking only (WN), or with optional boilers for heating domestic hot water (WD), or central heating up to 7 radiators (W35)
- two stage door latch – allows an “air boost” to quickly establish the fire when lighting the cooker, while keeping the firedoor in a safe and secure position
- simple oven temperature controls – via a sliding mechanism just inside the firebox door
- oven bypass control – helps warm the flue when first lighting the cooker for safe removal of smoke and flue gases
- choice of enamel colours
ESSE oil fired cookers are available in classic “vapourising” versions, or modern controllable “pressure jet” versions. You can choose a version purely for cooking, or opt for a cooker that can also heat domestic hot water, or even versions that can provide full central heating for your house. When you choose an ESSE range cooker you have the reassurance of over half a century of oil burning expertise and the knowledge that your new ESSE is a true thoroughbred, craftsman made range.
Pressure Jet cookers:
Pressure jet cookers offer greater levels of control and convenience for those who rely on oil for their main fuel supply. ESSE pressure jet cookers offer outstanding levels of control. Heat up times from cold are spectacularly fast, so their thermostatically controlled ovens can be conveniently turned on and off as required. The ESSE OC is for cooking only and is available with an electronic programmer for added convenience. The ESSE O60, O80 and O106 central heating models are available with a full range of electronic programming options and a choice of three power outputs, 60,000, 80,000 and 106,000 Btu/h, enough to handle even the most demanding heating systems. These models are equipped with two burners, enabling the cooking and heating functions to be independently operated.
Simple and ruggedly reliable, requiring no electricity to operate, vapourising cookers are completely silent and will continue to work even in the event of a power cut. Their traditional vaporising ‘pot’ burner is ideally suited to continuous use, ensuring a warm and cosy kitchen in the cold winter months. All vaporising oil models are fitted with a new, rectangular burner that vaporises more efficiently and performs better in a low draft conditions. Additional benefits include better graduation of hotplate temperatures and reduced surface temperature of the cooker top. The ON is for cooking only, while the OD is ideal for those requiring domestic hot water in addition to cooking.
The ESSE Electric OC offers the perfect blend of modern convenience and traditional range cooking.
It marks another milestone in range cooker design and incorporates some exciting and innovative features that are totally unique. Make no mistake, this electric ESSE is no pretender. It retains all the trademark range cooker characteristics, whilst providing unprecedented levels of control.
- unique ceramic glass hotplate – maximum temperature is available in just 4 seconds,
so pans reach boiling point very quickly
- hotplate control enables you to boil up to 6 pans or gently simmer just one small one
- 2 generous sized independently controlled ovens, with easy clean vitreous enamel finish
- main oven features a powerful grill for even greater cooking flexibility
- additional plate warming oven
- no flue required – can be positioned virtually anywhere in the kitchen
- choice of enamel colours
Double the cooking capacity of any ESSE enamelled cooker with the Plus 2 module. Available in either all electric or dual fuel versions, when you combine the Plus 2 with a ESSE range cooker the result is a massive 173 litres of oven capacity and 2.4m2 of working hob space available, meaning even the most demanding banquet or catering needs can be managed with ease.
The Plus 2 can be sit alongside an ESSE range cooker, or be used as a stand alone appliance in the kitchen. The 45amp electric only version has a 4 ring ceramic hob, electric grill and ovens. The 13amp dual fuel version has a gas hob with electric grill and ovens.
If you choose to partner it with a gas or oil ESSE you can have the very best of both worlds, classic ‘always on’ range cooking and instant controllability with the added benefit of a grill.
The Plus 2 is available in two depths, 660mm deep for all oil pressure jet models, and 600mm deep for pairing up with all other versions.
Flued Gas & Flueless Gas
Flued Gas Cooker
The ESSE flued gas cooker has a single programmable atmospheric burner available for cooking only (GN), or with the option of a domestic hot water model (GD). Both flued gas models can be programmed to come on and off 3 times a day on a 7 day timer, or used continuously and controlled manually. Manual control allows the cooker to be used in the event of a power cut. The ESSE “dog bone” hotplate offers a large cooking area and unrivalled temperature gradient from boil to simmer.
Flueless Gas Cooker
The ESSE CAT enabled flueless gas range cooker gives you the cooking performance of a range cooker with added efficiency as no heat is lost up a flue. The CAT cleans the gases burnt by the cookers single atmospheric burner removing the need for a flue to vent them outside.
As no flue is required you have more freedom to position your cooker where you like, and lower installation and servicing costs. The CAT can be programmed to come on and off 3 times a day via its 7 day timer, or used continuously and controlled manually. Manual control allows the cooker to be used in the event of a power cut.
ESSE’s Ironheart is a multifuel and wood burning “cooking stove” - a hybrid product - it is a cooker that burns logs beautifully, and a stove that cooks to perfection. And therein lies its charm and appeal… it is equally at home as a stove or as a range cooker.
- can burn multi-fuel and/or wood
- available for cooking only, or with optional domestic hot water boiler
- unique satin steel hotplate covers
- classic ESSE 'dog-bone' hotplates
- high capacity glass fronted firebox
- simple and effective airwash control
- oven temperature control
- available in 4 heat resistant colours